Total Pageviews

April 24, 2010

Here comes my first blog posting


Here comes  my excited entry into the world of blogging. So far I have limited myself to popular articles in news papers, souvenirs, journals both popular  and academic. As a voracious reader it was always tempting to put forward you own point of view but found it very cumbersome to write and then mail and wait patiently for the editors (gods) to relent and publish your piece.

Thanks to technology and blogging things have become easy. I picked up a field that is close to my heart - Marketing. Marketing has been my passion, my area of specialization. Marketing was the area where I cut my teeth. It was marketing that taught all the things of life and made me what I am today.

It was the passion for marketing that drove me to teaching. I felt that there were lots of things that can be shared. I find that my journey into academics and teaching to be great fun and a very enriching learning experience.

The blog posting will have around 500 words and there will a posting every day. I made a mental promise to myself  to be prompt and post on each and every day. The sequence of topics that would be posted is

Monday: Posting would be about 5 latest concepts of marketing that will be useful  for students, professionals attending interviews. Also great fun for people who want to know the latest concepts in marketing.

Tuesday: Posting would be on consumer behaviour. This would be all about why consumers behave the way they behave or do not behave the way they are supposed to

Wednesday:  posting would be about a topic that is very close to my heart - Common sense. Common sense is something everyone knows and understands but common sense is not very common. Posting would enlighten about common sense marketing practices that could go  a long way in creating a competitive advantage.

Thursday: Posting would be about best marketing practices of companies from around the world. It would be about cutting edge marketing practices that made a company iconic and made them symbolic of an entire country a la coke (USA)

Friday: posting would be about controversies. Marketing controversies that have rocked the world and made to the headlines.

Saturday: Posting would be devoted to the best marketing reads, classic books, classic articles, classic videos and movies that a marketing buff  should not miss.

Sunday: posting would be  about the best advertisements and the worst advertisements that have been hitting us. The selection of advertisements could be from print, television, radio, web based or from OOH.

All in all  I would like to share what I have with others and I want your suggestions and feedback in making this a lively and a happening blog. Please drop your feedback to me on my e-mail.







No comments:

Post a Comment